Problem with Term Recognition in Trados Studio 2017
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:54
German to English
Mar 12, 2017

I've come across a strange issue in Studio 2017. While I'm translating, I've noticed that the term list appearing in the Term Recognition window is showing the source term as the target term (i.e. both identical):



Accordingly, when I'm typing the translation all the suggestions from the TB are all wrong also. The autosuggest suggestions are all coming in German too (i.e. the source language, in my case) and consequently only appearing at all when the two languages are similar.

If I click on a term to view the term details in the Termbase Viewer, it is correctly displayed, as you can see:



I never had this problem in 2015 and I've just switched to 2017. Is there some setting that I can change to get this to work right or is this a bug?

Grateful for all input.

[Edited at 2017-03-12 19:06 GMT]


 

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:54
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Try reorganizing term bases Mar 12, 2017

I had a different issue (recognizing terms of only one termbase instead of all 4 that I was using), but low and behold, this did the trick. I did it through term base management in Multiterm. Hope this helps.

 

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:54
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
What did the trick? Mar 12, 2017

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

I had a different issue (recognizing terms of only one termbase instead of all 4 that I was using), but low and behold, this did the trick. I did it through term base management in Multiterm. Hope this helps.


You didn't actually say what you did.


 

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:54
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
That was in the title of my reply Mar 12, 2017

Nick Quaintmere wrote:

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

I had a different issue (recognizing terms of only one termbase instead of all 4 that I was using), but low and behold, this did the trick. I did it through term base management in Multiterm. Hope this helps.


You didn't actually say what you did.


Sorry, you probably read over the title of my reply: reorganize the termbases.


 

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:54
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solved the problem Mar 12, 2017

Strangely enough, the problem was being caused by the TB provided by the customer which was affecting which language was being shown as the target language although the project target language should override this.

I moved the customer TB lower down the list and set my own TB as the default and this seems to have done the trick.


 

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:54
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Haha, silly me!! Mar 12, 2017

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

Nick Quaintmere wrote:

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

I had a different issue (recognizing terms of only one termbase instead of all 4 that I was using), but low and behold, this did the trick. I did it through term base management in Multiterm. Hope this helps.


You didn't actually say what you did.


Sorry, you probably read over the title of my reply: reorganize the termbases.


That's exactly what I did! Thanks for your input. It wasn't actually that that was the problem, but it's still a good tip!


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Term Recognition in Trados Studio 2017

Advanced search







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search