Problem with Term Recognition in Trados Studio 2017
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:41
Member (2013)
German to English
Mar 12, 2017

I've come across a strange issue in Studio 2017. While I'm translating, I've noticed that the term list appearing in the Term Recognition window is showing the source term as the target term (i.e. both identical):

Accordingly, when I'm typing the translation all the suggestions from the TB are all wrong also. The autosuggest suggestions are all coming in German too (i.e. the source language, in my case) and consequently only appearing at all when the two languages are similar.

If I click on a term to view the term details in the Termbase Viewer, it is correctly displayed, as you can see:

I never had this problem in 2015 and I've just switched to 2017. Is there some setting that I can change to get this to work right or is this a bug?

Grateful for all input.

[Edited at 2017-03-12 19:06 GMT]

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:41
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Try reorganizing term bases Mar 12, 2017

I had a different issue (recognizing terms of only one termbase instead of all 4 that I was using), but low and behold, this did the trick. I did it through term base management in Multiterm. Hope this helps.

Germany
Member (2013)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
What did the trick? Mar 12, 2017

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

I had a different issue (recognizing terms of only one termbase instead of all 4 that I was using), but low and behold, this did the trick. I did it through term base management in Multiterm. Hope this helps.

You didn't actually say what you did.

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:41
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
That was in the title of my reply Mar 12, 2017

Nick Quaintmere wrote:

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

Sorry, you probably read over the title of my reply: reorganize the termbases.

Germany
Member (2013)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solved the problem Mar 12, 2017

Strangely enough, the problem was being caused by the TB provided by the customer which was affecting which language was being shown as the target language although the project target language should override this.

I moved the customer TB lower down the list and set my own TB as the default and this seems to have done the trick.

Germany
Member (2013)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Haha, silly me!! Mar 12, 2017

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

Nick Quaintmere wrote:

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

Sorry, you probably read over the title of my reply: reorganize the termbases.

That's exactly what I did! Thanks for your input. It wasn't actually that that was the problem, but it's still a good tip!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Term Recognition in Trados Studio 2017

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search