Thread poster: Joop Fraikin (X)
Joop Fraikin (X)
Joop Fraikin (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:12
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 14, 2017

Hi,

I recently translated a html file in Trados Studio 2015, confirmed all segments, saved the target file en delivered it to my client. They just got back to me saying that upon opening the file I sent they can only see one short bit of target text. I checked: they're right. I also opened the source file in both Firefox and Internet Explorer and guess what: there's only the same short bit of text, source text, obviously. Fortunately, I can still copy the target text and paste in in
... See more
Hi,

I recently translated a html file in Trados Studio 2015, confirmed all segments, saved the target file en delivered it to my client. They just got back to me saying that upon opening the file I sent they can only see one short bit of target text. I checked: they're right. I also opened the source file in both Firefox and Internet Explorer and guess what: there's only the same short bit of text, source text, obviously. Fortunately, I can still copy the target text and paste in into a Word file, but I'd prefer to send my client a usable html file.

So, in short, the complete surce and target texts exist in Trados, but apparently only part of the source text seems to exist in my browser.
Does anyone recognize this situation?
Does anyone have an explanation or a solution?

Thanks!
Collapse

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Is it gone or just invisible? Mar 14, 2017

Hi Joop,

have you right-clicked and then clicked on something like "show source" in your browser to check if the text is in theory still there and maybe just cut off by some incorrect markup, or really totally gone?

(Alternatively, you can also open the HTML file in something like Textpad, you don't have to do this in a browser.)

Ricki

Joop Fraikin (X)
Joop Fraikin (X)  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not gone, just invisible Mar 14, 2017

Thanks Ricki,

Like I said, the translation exists and is visible in Studio. It is not visible in my browsers, but is is in textpad (with more formatting codes than text).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of html file finished and vanished

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »