Mendham  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:30
Member (2016)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 22

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if I can install SDL Trados 2017 on Ubuntu 16 (Linux)? Or it is just for windows OS?

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:30
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Only Windows Mar 22

"SDL Trados Studio 2017 supports Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10"
http://www.translationzone.com/products/trados-studio/system-requirements.html

Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 09:30
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Maybe... Mar 23

You could try to install a virtual machine on Linux and run studio from there, emulating W10. But, assuming all this can be done Studio would work very slow I guess.

matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:30
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Virtual machine solution Mar 23

You can install a virtual machine on Ubuntu or any other Linux distro. I use Ubuntu as my main OS and run windows OS on a virtual machine, precisely because I cannot run most TM software on Ubuntu. You can set up a direct internet connection for the virtual machine, but I prefer to keep it offline. This means I cannot use the online features provided by some TM software, but I'm not too bothered about that. I use a shared folder between my main OS and virtual machine OS for transferring files between the two environments.
I have not tries to run any TM software requiring windows by using a windows emulator such as WINE, but this is possible in theory.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2017 on Linux

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search