Simon Foakes
Simon Foakes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:47
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2017

Hi
I translate a file and Confirm each segment as I go. If I then decide to change an expression that occurs throughout the file using Search&Replace, all the segments containing that expression become Unconfirmed (with the little blue pencil rather than the green one).

I understand I can change the status of all these segments in one go, but that doesn't actually commit them to the TM. I also understand I can Update Main Translation Memories which, as far as I understand, wil
... See more
Hi
I translate a file and Confirm each segment as I go. If I then decide to change an expression that occurs throughout the file using Search&Replace, all the segments containing that expression become Unconfirmed (with the little blue pencil rather than the green one).

I understand I can change the status of all these segments in one go, but that doesn't actually commit them to the TM. I also understand I can Update Main Translation Memories which, as far as I understand, will update the TM with any changes to the files (I hope). However, for some reason this doesn't change the segments from Unconfirmed to Confirmed.

So, is there a way to mass updated the TM after my Search&Replace and also tag each segment as Confirmed?

Many thanks!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:47
English to Russian
First change segment status, then update Mar 29, 2017

The Update Main Translation Memories does not update "any change". It updates the confirmed segments only.
Therefore, you need to confirm all you need first, and only then apply the Update Main Translation Memories feature. This will deliver all your confirmed segments to TM('s) ticked in the "Update" section.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2017: Committing unconfirmed segments to TM

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »