RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 14:04
German to English
+ ...
Apr 15, 2005

Dear all,

I added two attributes to one external element of my ini file. After intergration of the new ini file into the tag editor and after opening of the xml file, the tag editor crashes. The following error message appears:

Out of memory
Please free some memory, then choose retry.

Is there anybody who can help me?

Kind regards from Berlin
Dennis

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Maybe it really is a memory issue Apr 15, 2005

Try it with only one attribute first and watch the memory consumption graph in the Windows Task Manager upon loading the XML file, then try again with both additional attributes. Depending on the size of the XML, the process might actually use a whole lot more RAM even if the addition of two translatable attributes seems minor. How much RAM does your PC have?

Benjamin

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, it worked Apr 18, 2005

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you very much for you help, now it works.

Great!

Kind regards from Berlin

Dennis

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Surprising Apr 18, 2005

Glad to have been of assistance, although the steps I proposed were actually intended for diagnostics - I didn't expect them to actually remedy the problem. I'm amazed, but then again: Great to hear it works.

Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime error after changing ini file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »