Thread poster: Caitriona O'Callanain
Caitriona O'Callanain
Local time: 12:58
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 4

Hi,

I have to re-install Studio 2011 on my laptop as it needed to be cleaned up and all platforms etc. removed.
Could anyone let me know what site to go on for help. I found an old post from April 2013 but this did not point me in the right direction.

Many thanks
Caitriona

Direct link Reply with quote

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:58
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
In your account at sdl Apr 4

First you return it, then you can download and install it again
It is not difficult.

Best

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:58
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
That is... Apr 4

... if you haven't got a newer version. If you have a licence for lets say 2014/2015 or 2017, you can't reinstall 2011. The licence is valid for the latest version you owe.

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:58
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Upgrade vs new Apr 4

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

... if you haven't got a newer version. If you have a licence for lets say 2014/2015 or 2017, you can't reinstall 2011. The licence is valid for the latest version you owe.

That is correct if you upgraded from a previous version, not if you purchased a full new version - which most people admittedly don't do, but I just wanted to get that straight.

To OP: when you need to reinstall Studio, you first need to return your license (within Studio). If you didn't do that (for example when your pc crashes, or you didn't know), you may request SDL to re-issue you a license. You have to log in to your SDL account and request a license.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I re-install SDL Studio 2011?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search