Thread poster: Martin Shaw
Martin Shaw
Martin Shaw
Germany
Local time: 03:49
Member (2017)
German to English
Apr 5, 2017

I've uploaded this, but am mystified as to how to enable any automated translation services (e.g. SDL Language Cloud) to fully explore the functionality. The SDL products suggested all require an SDL login number and password, which I haven't been provided with when downloading the trial version...

Any light anyone?

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:49
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Account Apr 5, 2017

Have you tried creating an account? I am not sure what access to add-ons/plugins and other resources you have with the trial version but an account seems a minimum requirement:
https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/RegisterUser.aspx?

Martin Shaw
Martin Shaw
Germany
Local time: 03:49
Member (2017)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for that link Apr 5, 2017

It let me subscribe for 10 days to 'Online Translation Editor trial'. However I'm not sure what that does - it hasn't resulted in any changes to the document I loaded as a trial project...

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:49
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Online tool Apr 7, 2017

The tool that you quote is not related to the trial version of SDL Studio. It would be nice if you could evaluate the full functionality of Studio including MT plugins but I don't know the answer. You will have to ask SDL directly what is included with the trial, because it is rather an acount issue than a technical issue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS TRIAL VERSION

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »