SDL TRADOS TRIAL VERSION
Thread poster: Martin Shaw

Martin Shaw
Germany
Local time: 21:49
Member (Mar 2017)
German to English
Apr 5

I've uploaded this, but am mystified as to how to enable any automated translation services (e.g. SDL Language Cloud) to fully explore the functionality. The SDL products suggested all require an SDL login number and password, which I haven't been provided with when downloading the trial version...

Any light anyone?

Direct link Reply with quote

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:49
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Account Apr 5

Have you tried creating an account? I am not sure what access to add-ons/plugins and other resources you have with the trial version but an account seems a minimum requirement:
https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/RegisterUser.aspx?

Martin Shaw
Germany
Local time: 21:49
Member (Mar 2017)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for that link Apr 5

It let me subscribe for 10 days to 'Online Translation Editor trial'. However I'm not sure what that does - it hasn't resulted in any changes to the document I loaded as a trial project...

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:49
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Online tool Apr 7

The tool that you quote is not related to the trial version of SDL Studio. It would be nice if you could evaluate the full functionality of Studio including MT plugins but I don't know the answer. You will have to ask SDL directly what is included with the trial, because it is rather an acount issue than a technical issue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS TRIAL VERSION

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search