Thread poster: ventnai

ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:00
German to English
+ ...
Apr 6

HI everybody

Studio 2014 and 2015 will not launch. I tried to launch Studio 2014 on my laptop yesterday - Windows 8 - but it wouldn't launch. An initial launch Window starts up and then I get an error message saying not found. I tried re-installing and then restoring Windows but to no avail. I then downloaded and installed Studio 2015 but the same thing happens. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Ian

Direct link Reply with quote

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:00
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Repair Apr 6

Ian Jones wrote:
I tried re-installing and then restoring Windows but to no avail. I then downloaded and installed Studio 2015 but the same thing happens.
Ian

Hi Ian, it sounds like something I would contact SDL about. Or you could first look up how to do a repair. This comes down to deleting one or some of the profile files in the appdata folder to make sure you are not using corrupted files. Paul Filkin describes this in various articles.

ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:00
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 6

THanks Lianne. I had already contacted SDL but I have not received an answer yet. I thought I'd post here in case someone had a solution.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not found

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search