Thread poster: forgottheoldone
forgottheoldone
forgottheoldone
Bahamas
German to English
+ ...
Apr 6, 2017

Hello,
could any one possibly tell me if SDL Trados Studio 2017 Starter is Supposed to have autotext functioning as a feature, or if it is only available on an "upgraded" version?

Since having to repurchase the package after a hard drive failure (back your stuff up, people!), the usual alt+F7 key just puts the numbers 1 to 4 and the letters F H R A V D E along the icons in the top left and the tool ribbon tab headings. Under File - Options - Autotext, everything is greyed out
... See more
Hello,
could any one possibly tell me if SDL Trados Studio 2017 Starter is Supposed to have autotext functioning as a feature, or if it is only available on an "upgraded" version?

Since having to repurchase the package after a hard drive failure (back your stuff up, people!), the usual alt+F7 key just puts the numbers 1 to 4 and the letters F H R A V D E along the icons in the top left and the tool ribbon tab headings. Under File - Options - Autotext, everything is greyed out EXCEPT this single target language option of "English United States.

Would anyone know if it's me doing something wrong here? Have I set US-EN as a default language somewhere so that autotext doesn't work with a GB-EN package? Or is there some input accessibility feature activated that overrides the usual key combination?

Would be massively grateful for any ideas.

Thanks,

J.Y.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:27
English to Russian
Autosuggest check box Apr 7, 2017

Hi there,
Check if the Autotext box is ticked in the Autosuggest options among others.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autotext not working in SDL Trados Studio 2017 Starter

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »