Question on Log File - Trados 6.5 Freelance
Thread poster: Carline Dumoulin
Carline Dumoulin
United States
Local time: 03:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 16, 2005

Hello again. I have just started using Trados and I'm still trying to acquaint myself with the software.
I am working on a project for which the client has set up pricing for Fuzzy Match, No Match and Matches. Now, I'm not sure what to consider as Fuzzy Match and Match from the log. In the log report, I have word count for the following segments: Repetition, 100% Segment, 95%-99%, 85%-94%, 75%-84%, 50%-74%, and No Match.

What do I consider a fuzzy match and then up to what percentage bracket do I charge for Matches? How about the Repetition segment, how do I take that into account for pricing?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

CF

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOlaf
Local time: 09:25
English to German
See Trados Knownedge base Apr 16, 2005

Carline Ferailleur wrote:

Hello again. I have just started using Trados and I'm still trying to acquaint myself with the software.
I am working on a project for which the client has set up pricing for Fuzzy Match, No Match and Matches. Now, I'm not sure what to consider as Fuzzy Match and Match from the log.

CF

Basically there are only three categories 100% match, no match and fuzzy match. (Repetitions can be either repetitions of no matches or fuzzy matches.)

For more information on the analysis see the Trados web site:
Repetitions Count in Translator's Workbench
http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=482

Pricing varies considerably. As a rule of thumb, I'd "downgrade" all Fuzzy matches below 70% and all repetitions to new matches. But your client might not agree. Simply ask them what they consider fuzzy matches.

Olaf

Carline Dumoulin
United States
Local time: 03:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Log File Apr 16, 2005

Olaf wrote:

Carline Ferailleur wrote:

I am working on a project for which the client has set up pricing for Fuzzy Match, No Match and Matches. Now, I'm not sure what to consider as Fuzzy Match and Match from the log.

CF

Basically there are only three categories 100% match, no match and fuzzy match. (Repetitions can be either repetitions of no matches or fuzzy matches.)

For more information on the analysis see the Trados web site:
Repetitions Count in Translator's Workbench
http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=482

Pricing varies considerably. As a rule of thumb, I'd "downgrade" all Fuzzy matches below 70% and all repetitions to new matches. But your client might not agree. Simply ask them what they consider fuzzy matches.

Olaf

Thanks Olaf for your reply. Very helpful.
CF

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question on Log File - Trados 6.5 Freelance

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search