JoeDoherty  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:48
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 12

Hi all,

My client wants date and time formats for a translation from German into US English that aren't conventional.

For example, the source date format is conventional German and the time format is 24 hours with seconds:
"21.02.2017 06:46:36".

The client wants that in this format: "2017-02-21 06:46:36".

I enabled auto-substitution of dates and times in the Project Settings and changed the formats accordingly, but when I add a new file and run it through pre-translation, it returns CMs as "2/21/2017 6:46:36 AM". If I go to the segment and apply the TM match, it changes it to the desired formats. I don't understand how to change this. Why is it using a different format? Figuring this out would be a real time-saver, since these occur a few hundred times in each document.

Anyone have any ideas? If this doesn't make any sense, does anyone know of a workaround for changing the formats to the document wholesale once it has been pre-translated and opened?

Direct link Reply with quote

JoeDoherty  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:48
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Segmentation rules also being ignored Apr 12

I've also now noticed that the pre-translated file is ignoring my setting that colons should not apply for segmentation. I feel I'm doing something wrong, or maybe just misunderstanding how the program works. Any thoughts?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 SP2: Auto-substitution applying wrong formats after pre-translation

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search