Cannot open files with SDL Multiterm 2017
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:59
German to English
May 30

I've got a very odd problem with Multiterm. It seems that every time I try to open a file (either via the menu option or CTRL-O) the "Select file" pop-up window opens BEHIND the program window and it is impossible to switch to it (either via ALT-TAB or task bar). If I hover over the task bar icon, both windows pop up but clicking on the Select Files window does nothing. All I can do from there is close the window to return to the main program.

I updated the program on opening, as I always do, and maybe the update messed it up. I haven't done much work with Multiterm recently, but I've never had any problem like this with previous iterations.

Any ideas? For now, I have got round the problem by using Multiterm 2015, but I'd still like to solve this conundrum.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:59
English to Russian
Win+let or right May 31

Hi Nick,
Can you see it somehow? Or you think that it is _behind_ just because it is visible with Alt+Tab and when hovering over the task bar?
If second, most probably it is not behind, but just out of the visible area of your monitor. If so, focus on the window in question (either with Alt+Tab or by mousing over the Task Bar icon), then try to press and hold the Windows button and then press left or right arrow 1, 2 or 3 times until you see your window.
Hope this helps.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open files with SDL Multiterm 2017

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search