Thread poster: pmakinen
pmakinen
pmakinen  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:09
Member (2005)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Jun 1, 2017

Trados 2015 Service Pack 3, MS Word document that originally had some macros, but I stripped that out to convert the .docm to .docx files

SDL XLIFF validation error at line 5685 offset 229143: The key sequence '801' in 'urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2:U_tu_segsrc_mid' Keyref fails to refer to some key.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What actually happened: I copied a DdeXref tag in Segment 801 without realizing it didn't refer to any
... See more
Trados 2015 Service Pack 3, MS Word document that originally had some macros, but I stripped that out to convert the .docm to .docx files

SDL XLIFF validation error at line 5685 offset 229143: The key sequence '801' in 'urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2:U_tu_segsrc_mid' Keyref fails to refer to some key.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What actually happened: I copied a DdeXref tag in Segment 801 without realizing it didn't refer to anything, and now I can't delete the idiot thing, and SDL is holding my document hostage.

Also, the target-language side of Segment 802 is missing; the remainder of the segments still seem to line up properly, so that's something.

I like the track changes editing feature, but every now and again Trados starts holding documents hostage, which is a recipe for frustration. I try to be zen about it, but it's still hard...I'm about ready to get out the hex editor and perform some surgery on the sdlxliff file.

And no, I can't send anyone the file.
Collapse

pmakinen
Member (2005)
Croatian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
First attempt failed Jun 1, 2017

pmakinen wrote:

I like the track changes editing feature, but every now and again Trados starts holding documents hostage, which is a recipe for frustration. I try to be zen about it, but it's still hard...I'm about ready to get out the hex editor and perform some surgery on the sdlxliff file.

And no, I can't send anyone the file.

Trying MemoQ import failed --- Empty source segments not allowed.

pmakinen
Member (2005)
Croatian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's actually a DdeLink tag Jun 2, 2017

pmakinen wrote:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Document held hostage due to DdeXref tag

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »