Missing and misplaced footnotes and font change indicators (itd file on Trados Studio 2011)
Thread poster: Tisamri
Tisamri
India
Jun 3

Hello everybody,

I am relatively new to Trados Studio, and am having problems with the footnotes and indications for font changes throughout the document. I am working as part of a team who all use SDLX and the translation file was sent to me as an itd created in SDLX. The text itself seems normal, but the footnotes are all over the place and so are the font changes: there are some missing, and others in the wrong places.

Am I perhaps missing something when first opening the file and setting up the project? Or is it a problem of compatibility between SDLX and Trados?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:05
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
File preparation Jun 3

This sounds possibly like a file preparation issue to me, although I am not sure what you mean with "I am having problems" and what exactly you are looking at. Pdf files can cause these kinds of problems. They are first converted to Word files before importing them into a CAT tool, and you might end up with floating footnotes and font changes.
Are you the only one who has these problems? You might need to go back to your client who gave you the file to work with and find out more.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing and misplaced footnotes and font change indicators (itd file on Trados Studio 2011)

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search