Translation Memory is not updating
Thread poster: Louise TAYLOR

Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:57
Member (2015)
French to English
Jun 15

I am translating a project for a client who I have translated for each year for a number of years. Initially I created a TM with the extension _French to English UK_fr.FR_en-GB.sdltm. This file has worked fine for several years.

This year, for each file, I receive the warning 'No translation memories found to update for the language pair French (France)-English (United Kingdom). This happens if I try to update the main TM or the project TM.

I have tried creating a new TM with the same specifications as the project but this does not update either, the message is the same.

Looking back over my last few projects I can see that none of them have updated the main TM, I must have overlooked the warning. I think this has been happening since the last update.

Can anyone help me with this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:57
English to Russian
Is the Update option checked? Jun 16

Hi Louise,
This is quite obvious guess, but I try it anyway: did you make sure that the TM you expect to be updated (or your newly created TM) is checked in the "Update" column in the list of TM's?
With "Update" option unchecked, you can confirm segments without any notification on the go. You may only get to know about it when you try to update your TM from Batch Tasks (ending up with the message you mentioned).

Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:57
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 17

Thank you for answering Stepan.
Unfortunately that is one of the things I have already checked.
I have resolved the problem for the short term by creating an AnyTM file and updating that with the previous year's files. Maybe this will have to be my permanent solution.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Memory is not updating

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search