Thread poster: Alexander Chisholm

Alexander Chisholm  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Apr 22, 2005

Windows XP Home Ed.
MS Office XP (fully patched)
Trados ver 6.5.2.417 (build 417)

I have been using Trados v 6.5 with no problems for the past 18 months or so. A couple of days I reinstalld the software and, after a few teething troubles (i.e. manually relocating the trados .dot file to the correct startup folder etc) I managed to get everything running. However, every time I move to a new TU, I get a brown error message (-1073741818) (-1073741819) (null) - aside from this all functionality seems to be restored.

I have searched the Trados forum and seen that registration may be a problem, I have repeated registration and the problem remains.

I am using a dongle licence, so there shouldn't be any problem with this.

can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this bothersome error message?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:03
English to German
+ ...
MultiTerm? Apr 23, 2005

Hi Alexander,
Are you using MultiTerm? If yes - which version (full version number, please)?

You may want to consider upgrading to build 441, though.

Best, Ralf

Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm version Apr 23, 2005

6.2.0.267 (build 267)

Is there an update available, if so where can i download it?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TranslationZone Apr 24, 2005

Hi Alexander,
6.2.0.267 (build 267)

Hmmm... my suspicion was that you might have been using a later version - IIRC Workbench build 417 and MTiX build 267 were compatible.

Is there an update available, if so where can i download it?

The current Workbench version is build 441; the current MTiX version is build 287. Downloads are available from TranslationZone; however, you may need to first contact Trados to get the upgrade from build 417 to 438/439 before you can apply the latest patch.

Best regards,
Ralf

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
have a similar problem with "illegal index" -2147467259... in 441 FL version Apr 25, 2005

with a perfectly normal TM starting to misbehave. The error comes up, when no translation can be found for the segment open - which is VERY uncomfortable if one tries to pretranslate big stuff ...-

I recreated the TM by exporting and building from scratch - same effect. I reinstalled the patch - same thing.

There ARE TMs around, however, which (still?) do not misbehave in this fashion, so it must be something in the TM.

No, Im not using MultiTerm

smo

PS: maybe this should be a new topic, but otoh it's pretty much a similar subject. Any hint to trados own places with the information about this kind of strange events would be also welcome.

Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have successfully downloaded ... Apr 25, 2005

Trados build 438 and
Multiterm build 279

I will install them later when I have a break in work and post the results.

Many thanks to all who contributed suggestions etc.

Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installation of the downloads ... Apr 28, 2005

... seems to have fixed all problems.

Incidentally, I noticed that the above problem affected interaction with multiterm.

Although it appeared to have no real effects on how Trados itself worked (files were translated, analysed, cleaned etc.), I noticed that it wasn't finding Multiterm terms that I knew were in the Termbase being used at the time.

Just a point to mention.

Anyway as I said, thanks to all who contributed to the posting.

Cheers.

Sandy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Ver 6.5 null error following reinstallation

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search