Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:10
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 23, 2017

Hello,

I am trying to perform a search for a couple of words in a TM. Having opened the TM view and the TM in question, when I order a "Find", it keeps asking me page after page if I wish to search the next pages for the term I have entered... Is there a way around this, please?

Thank you,
jose ruivo

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:10
German to English
Use Studio Jun 23, 2017

You could put the word you want in a test document and translate it as a single document in Studio, attaching your TM to the project. If you open the file for translation in Studio do a concordance search for the words you are looking for. It is also possible from Studio to edit the translation units, if that's what you are looking to do.

A better way of searching a TM is to use XBench, Oliphant or Heartsome. In these programs all the TUs are displayed one after the other, not in pages as in Studio.

Regards,

Ben

[Edited at 2017-06-23 17:49 GMT]

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:10
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
XBench Jun 23, 2017

I second the use of XBench. I use it for every project in Studio, and a lot for searches in the project files as well as the tm's.

Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:10
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 26, 2017

Thank you Ben and Liane,

X-bench seem the easiest for what I want!

Best,
joseruivo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search in TM view

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search