Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:10
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 23

Hello,

I am trying to perform a search for a couple of words in a TM. Having opened the TM view and the TM in question, when I order a "Find", it keeps asking me page after page if I wish to search the next pages for the term I have entered... Is there a way around this, please?

Thank you,
jose ruivo

Direct link Reply with quote

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:10
German to English
Use Studio Jun 23

You could put the word you want in a test document and translate it as a single document in Studio, attaching your TM to the project. If you open the file for translation in Studio do a concordance search for the words you are looking for. It is also possible from Studio to edit the translation units, if that's what you are looking to do.

A better way of searching a TM is to use XBench, Oliphant or Heartsome. In these programs all the TUs are displayed one after the other, not in pages as in Studio.

Regards,

Ben

[Edited at 2017-06-23 17:49 GMT]

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:10
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
XBench Jun 23

I second the use of XBench. I use it for every project in Studio, and a lot for searches in the project files as well as the tm's.

Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:10
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 26

Thank you Ben and Liane,

X-bench seem the easiest for what I want!

Best,
joseruivo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search in TM view

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search