Thread poster: Mayca M.R.

Mayca M.R.  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 1

Hi,

I have translated some documents in Trados, some Word files and some Excel files.

While translating, I did some comments in the Trados editor by opening the Trados "Add comment function" (I think that this is the name in English - my Trados is set up in Spanish -) ... but ... when I export the clean files I dont´see the comment in their comment boxes, as I used to see them in the past with other files.

Can you help me please and tell me what settings I have to do in the Trados so that it gives me the clean files with the corresponding comments?

Thanks in advance for your help.

KR
Mayca

Direct link Reply with quote

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:17
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Check setting under file types Jul 1

From the Studio Manual (2017): It is possible to have your target segment comments included when you generate the target document or export the translation to a Word .docx document for review. This function is enabled by default; you disable it in the Options dialog box (for the default tem-plate) or in the Project Settings dialog box (for the current project): select File Types > Microsoft Word 2007-2013 > Common; the bottom option: retain Studio target comments in target file.

I don't know if this helps. Personally, I use the comment plugin to export comments.

ps: you have to check under the file type that you are using (e.g. doc, docx, excel...).

[Edited at 2017-07-01 17:02 GMT]

Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Lianne! Jul 3

Thank you very much for your help.

Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Lianne! Jul 3

Thank you for your input.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comments boxes on the clean file

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search