Numbers verification problem when there is "–" sign between two numbers (e.g. 5-10)
Thread poster: Lenart
Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 13:21
Jul 9

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that when a sign “-“ is between two numbers, the number checker doesn’t work for me. The reason is that SDL treats “-“ as a part of a number and I cannot use “-“ in my language.

For example Source: “5-10” > target: “od 5 do 10”. Number checker shows error because he concludes that “-10” is different form „10“. Is there any way to set a number checker in the way, that he would check only numbers without taking “-“ sign in consideration?

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Numbers verification problem when there is "–" sign between two numbers (e.g. 5-10)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search