Studio 2014 - Main TM no longer updated and unecessary project TM is created
Thread poster: Jean-Christophe Duc

Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:24
English to French
+ ...
Aug 2

Until recently I had a simple setup, en-UK as the source language, fr fr as the target, a single TM in All language pairs (with the Update box checked!).
Now this TM is no longer updated automatically and a project TM has appeared from nowhere in the English UK -> French France section.
(The main TM is UK -> FR as the rest of the project, however if it is alone in the main section of the configuration screen it does not update. I have to add it into the UK - FR section, but then a project TM is created.)

Why is this and how can I return to my simpler setup?

[Edited at 2017-08-02 06:43 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:24
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Deactivate project tm Aug 2

You may accidentally have ticked "prepare with project tm" when creating your project (instead of "prepare without project tm). It happened to me recently too, or at least that's what I think. If you deactivate the project tm, the regular/main tm can be activated again.

Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:24
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 3

...this does the project TM stuff (_FR).
However, why does a TM selected in All languages pairs get ignored (although it has the right language pair for the project), and why do I have to specify it in UK -> FR to have it used/updated?

[Edited at 2017-08-03 05:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 - Main TM no longer updated and unecessary project TM is created

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search