Thread poster: Carline Dumoulin
Carline Dumoulin
United States
Local time: 02:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 26, 2005

Hello everyone,

Can anyone please provide some insight on that matter? I've been having difficulty either downloading or sending TMs via email.

I would appreciate it if I can be provided with the necessary steps in order to complete those tasks [downloading and sending].

Thanks a lot.

Carline

Direct link Reply with quote

Delio Destro  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:05
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Export/zip/ship Apr 26, 2005

Carline,
Organize it first: File/Reorganize
Export it using Trados Export Function: File/Export
Zip the resulting text file. Ship it.
Live happily ever after.
Delio

[...provide some insight on that matter? I've been having difficulty either downloading or sending TMs via email.

I would appreciate it if I can be provided with the necessary steps in order to complete those tasks [downloading and sending].

Thanks a lot.

Carline [/quote]

Carline Dumoulin
United States
Local time: 02:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification on your reply Delio Apr 26, 2005

Carline Ferailleur wrote:

Hello everyone,

Can anyone please provide some insight on that matter? I've been having difficulty either downloading or sending TMs via email.

Thanks a lot.

Carline

Thanks Delio for your prompt reply.
However, I'm a bit lost from your instructions.

Once I select "Export" from the File menu, what do I do next, there are so many other options? And with reference to the remaining text files, are you referring to the index files that must be zipped?
One last question, how about when downloading these zipped files from an email?

I await your clarification.

Thanks,
Carline

Delio Destro  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:05
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Clarifications Apr 26, 2005

Carline,
Skip all those options. You don't need them for now. Just click OK. It will generate a TXT file with everything you need inside. When you import, do the same. Forget the options (merge will do just fine) and click OK.
There is one catch: Before you import, if you are not currently working with a TM of the same language pair, you need to create one. Make sure the pair corresponds to the pair you are importing.

I assume you are doing to and from Trados.

As for the zipped file, you should be receiving the the txt. If this is so, just unzip it and import it. Now, if someone is sending you the 5 TM files trados use (mdf, iix, etc) don;t use it. Ask the sender to do an export and send you only the TXT. You can go crazy early if you try to use them in the working formats.

If you want more info, contact me directly ddestro@flexwrite.com. I can send you some docs.

Delio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to send TMs via email...TRADOS 6.5 Freelance

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search