Bilingual excel filter seems does not work properly in Studio 2017
Thread poster: Myron Netchypor

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:32
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Aug 7, 2017

Dear colleagues,

I have got partly translated bilingual excel file i.e. column A contains the source text, and column B contains the partly translated target text. When I upload the file for translation into Studio 2017 it is supposed to arrange the corresponding cells accordingly into the source and the target columns. But unfortunately it copies both the source, and the target text into two columns. I have already checked the Bilingual excel filter in File types, and everything is correct there. I am really puzzled with it.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.


 

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:32
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Position of filetype Aug 7, 2017

It's working fine for me.

Maybe these suggestions are too obvious, but

a) Did you make sure that the Bilingual Excel filetype appears before any other Excel filetypes in the list?
b) Are you checking the filetype in the appropriate place, i.e. Project Settings or Options?

And finally, one more thing that may be obvious, but don't forget that after making any changes to your filetype settings you will need to delete the file from the project, add it back and prepare it again for the changes to be applied during the new conversion to SDLXLIFF.


 

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:32
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Nora, Aug 8, 2017

Your suggestions are very helpful, and to the point. I forgot to move the Bilingual Excel filetype before the other Excel types in the list. But after I moved it up (and unticked other Excel types just in caseicon_smile.gif) it worked like a charm.

Thanks once again for your kind help!

Cordially,
Myron


Nora Diaz wrote:

It's working fine for me.

Maybe these suggestions are too obvious, but

a) Did you make sure that the Bilingual Excel filetype appears before any other Excel filetypes in the list?
b) Are you checking the filetype in the appropriate place, i.e. Project Settings or Options?

And finally, one more thing that may be obvious, but don't forget that after making any changes to your filetype settings you will need to delete the file from the project, add it back and prepare it again for the changes to be applied during the new conversion to SDLXLIFF.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual excel filter seems does not work properly in Studio 2017

Advanced search







memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search