Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:29
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Aug 26

Hello everyone

I'm using Trados 2015. I have an SDLXLIFF file that is already translated, but not yet edited. I edited the text in another program, and then created a TM that has mostly 100% matches for the segments in the SDLXLIFF file. Fortunately, there is no formatting. I would like to give the client a version of the SDLXLIFF file that contains the existing translation, with my alterations as "tracked" edits. Is that possible? In other words, I would like the SDLXLIFF file to look as if I had edited the SDLXLIFF file within Trados, with "tracked changes" enabled.

The client knows that I wouldn't have edited the SDLXLIFF file directly, but I think he would appreciate having the edits tracked in the SDLXLIFF file as well. This would make life simpler for the translator.

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Gina Ferlisi
Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Track changes in Trados Aug 26

Maybe this link can help you http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl_trados_studio_2015/client_en/edit_view/TC/TrackChanges.htm

Recently many clients are sending me MT translations to review in Trados , now i discovered how easy it is to revise the files here too.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Gina Aug 26

Gina Ferlisi wrote:
Maybe this link can help you.

Thanks, but that link only shows how to use "tracked changes" when editing the segments manually and one by one.

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:29
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
changetracker Aug 26

Hi Samuel,

I don't know if there is a way to do what you are looking for. I think only the "external review" function in Studio does that (through export, then reimport). But if you can create 2 sdlxliff versions, one before and one after changes, you can use ChangeTracker to compare them and view the edits in a spreadsheet (xml or xlsx). I use this all the time along when delivering edited sdlxliff files.
https://tqauditor.com/changetracker.html

[Edited at 2017-08-26 17:14 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre-translate against TM, adding edits in tracked changes

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search