Michelle Ningyu
Canada
Local time: 20:17
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 28

Dear colleagues,

I have purchased a new laptop and have installed SDL 2007 and wanted to ask you help for the set-up of the Translator's workbench on my new laptop.

I am not showing "import" and "export" button (they are grey, which means I cannot use them).

Do I need to do something under the "setting" of SDL Trados Translator's workbench?

Also the "Concordance" button under "Tool" is also grey. Can you tell me why? Is it also something to do with the initial setup of Workbench?

As well, I don't know why I have to keep doing the "Returning Licences" and Activation License in between my existing laptop and new laptop... Is it allowed for me to use SDL in two of my machines?

Many thanks in advance. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Michelle

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:17
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Usually two instances of the software are allowed Aug 28

If you go to your account at SDL and view My licenses, you should see a second code.
Have you chosen a TM in Workbench? You probably need to create a TM and import first. Did you read the manual?

It is years that I have used this software, there is better stuff since 2009 (Studio).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Translator's Workbench license and initial set-up issues - thanks

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search