Thread poster: Michelle Ningyu

Michelle Ningyu
Local time: 15:57
Member (2010)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 28, 2017

Dear colleagues,

I have purchased a new laptop and have installed SDL 2007 and wanted to ask you help for the set-up of the Translator's workbench on my new laptop.

I am not showing "import" and "export" button (they are grey, which means I cannot use them).

Do I need to do something under the "setting" of SDL Trados Translator's workbench?

Also the "Concordance" button under "Tool" is also grey. Can you tell me why? Is it also something to do with the initial setup of Workbench?

As well, I don't know why I have to keep doing the "Returning Licences" and Activation License in between my existing laptop and new laptop... Is it allowed for me to use SDL in two of my machines?

Many thanks in advance. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Usually two instances of the software are allowed Aug 28, 2017

If you go to your account at SDL and view My licenses, you should see a second code.
Have you chosen a TM in Workbench? You probably need to create a TM and import first. Did you read the manual?

It is years that I have used this software, there is better stuff since 2009 (Studio).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Translator's Workbench license and initial set-up issues - thanks

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search