Thread poster: Maria L

Maria L  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:22
Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 28, 2017

Hej,
after the last Trados Studio 2017 update, studio crashes every time while copying from the results window.
What am I supposed to do?
Regards
Maria

Kersti Skovgaard  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 10:22
Member (2005)
English to Estonian
+ ...
Try re-installing the pre-SR1 version Sep 26, 2017

Hi,
I had the same problem. First I disabled the LookAhead function but of no avail. At last I did as was advised in Facebook's Trados & Studio Unofficial forum and support: uninstalled SR1 and re-installed the pre-SR1 Studio 2017 version. That can be done if you have kept the exe files. Things got better but Studio still crashes when I add new files. It could be a Windows problem but I'm unable to find out. Luckily it doesn't crash in the middle of work anymore as it did with SR1, I had to press the Save button every once in a while. What a drag it was.
Hopefully SDL will come up with a version that really works.

Maria L  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:22
Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved by Trados through remote session Sep 26, 2017

Hej Kjersti,
thank you for your answer.
I filed a Support Case on the Trados Homepage and got a remote session. As it was an installation issue this could be done without a service contract. They replied pretty fast and the problem was solved, which took a while. It seems some file got corrupt during the update. After this everything is fine. Apart from that Trados is a lot slower than it was before.
Kind regards
Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2017 crashes after update

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search