In SDL Trados Studio 2015, how do I turn off "Generating preview" that I accidentially activated?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 30, 2017

In SDL Trados Studio 2015, how do I turn off "Generating preview" that I accidentially activated?

I switched from using MemoQ (where I use CTRL+K for making Concordance search) to SDL Trados Studio 2015 now for a new project I just received, but accidentially used this MemoQ shortcut in SDL Trados Studio, so I activated "Generating preview", so now it generates a preview for each new segment I go to.

I should of course have pressed F3 to make Concordance search in Studio.

How do I turn off this "Generating preview" now?

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:18
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Simply Aug 30, 2017

close the preview window - that's all. You will be able to open it again when you would need it.

Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's not open, but I still get the message that a preview is generated for each new segment Aug 30, 2017

The strange thing is the preview window is never opened, I just get this annoying message each time I confirm a segment and move on to the next segment, that a preview is generated. But the editor window is just as it was before, no preview is generated. But it takes a lot of time.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Strange Aug 30, 2017

It must be opened but hidden somewhere under other windows.

Have you checked the Preview button in the View menu? It must be greyed out when the preview is turned-off.

Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The preview button looks like all the other buttons Aug 30, 2017

It does not seem to be different than any other button in the View menu.

Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reset windows layout? Aug 30, 2017

Can I just reset the windows layout to solve this problem? I don't want to ruin anything of my current setup, but maybe it's the easiest to do.

Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found this posting about the same problem Aug 30, 2017

It seems another one here at ProZ had the same problem as I, but did not get it solved:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/288283-disable_preview_mode_in_trados_studio_2014.html

Alejandro Garcia-Quismondo Cartes  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Restart session Sep 1, 2017

I also had that same issue as I have to switch frequently between Studio and memoQ. The only way I have found to disable Preview generation (once acrtivated with Ctrl+K) is closing and reopening Studio session. After that, program should not generate a preview everytime that you validate a segment, unless you accidentally press that shortcut againicon_wink.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search