Is there any way to disable interference between Studio and MemoQ for shortcut CTRL+K?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 31, 2017

What happens now is that when I accidentially press CTRL+K in SDL Trados Studio (after having switched from another project I am doing in MemoQ), a preview is generated in Studio each time I confirm a segment. I can't turn this off once I've activated it through the shortcut CTRL+K, only way then is to do a repair of Studio and a few other steps (removing files from two folders, which SDL Support helped me with).

SDL Support just told me nothing happens when they press CTRL+K (they don't get a preview generation). This happened on my computer when I had my other project opened in MemoQ and my current project opened in SDL Trados Studio 2015.

Perhaps now that I have closed MemoQ, it will not happen again.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:29
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Delete shortcut Aug 31, 2017

Hi Fredrik,

Did you try deleting Ctrl+K as a shortcut in Studio? I just checked and in my system it's assigned to "View Internally Target".

To access your shortcuts, go to Options - Keyboard Shortcuts. If you then click on the Shortcut column, they will be sorted alphabetically and you can quickly find what Cltr+K is assigned to, and then either change it to something else or delete it altogether.

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:29
Member (2008)
French to English
Change key assignments Aug 31, 2017

In both Studio and MemoQ you can change key assignments. Just make them different.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any way to disable interference between Studio and MemoQ for shortcut CTRL+K?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search