Is there any way to disable interference between Studio and MemoQ for shortcut CTRL+K?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 04:10
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 31, 2017

What happens now is that when I accidentially press CTRL+K in SDL Trados Studio (after having switched from another project I am doing in MemoQ), a preview is generated in Studio each time I confirm a segment. I can't turn this off once I've activated it through the shortcut CTRL+K, only way then is to do a repair of Studio and a few other steps (removing files from two folders, which SDL Support helped me with).

SDL Support just told me nothing happens when they press CTRL+K (they
... See more
What happens now is that when I accidentially press CTRL+K in SDL Trados Studio (after having switched from another project I am doing in MemoQ), a preview is generated in Studio each time I confirm a segment. I can't turn this off once I've activated it through the shortcut CTRL+K, only way then is to do a repair of Studio and a few other steps (removing files from two folders, which SDL Support helped me with).

SDL Support just told me nothing happens when they press CTRL+K (they don't get a preview generation). This happened on my computer when I had my other project opened in MemoQ and my current project opened in SDL Trados Studio 2015.

Perhaps now that I have closed MemoQ, it will not happen again.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:10
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Delete shortcut Aug 31, 2017

Hi Fredrik,

Did you try deleting Ctrl+K as a shortcut in Studio? I just checked and in my system it's assigned to "View Internally Target".

To access your shortcuts, go to Options - Keyboard Shortcuts. If you then click on the Shortcut column, they will be sorted alphabetically and you can quickly find what Cltr+K is assigned to, and then either change it to something else or delete it altogether.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:10
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Change key assignments Aug 31, 2017

In both Studio and MemoQ you can change key assignments. Just make them different.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any way to disable interference between Studio and MemoQ for shortcut CTRL+K?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »