Studio: can I add text in target content out of segments?
Thread poster: Luca Tutino

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:12
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 8

I have a sentence starting with a tag (representing a screen name) which is hidden by the default "All segments" filter. In Italian, I need to start the sentence with the word "Schermata" followed by the tag. I wonder if it is ok to simply use the "All content" filter and add the initial word before the tag outside the segment.

In the figure, you can see the segment 413 preceded by the non-segment content. I am also retaining the space before the word "Schermata".

Capture_sm

Will this work? (I cannot check because it is a sdlxliff file.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 07:12
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
It will probably work... Sep 8

but it actually depends on the segmentation. Your screenshot is missing a vital piece of information, the "Document Structure Information" column shown to the right, which can shed some light as to the actual structure of the original file, and therefore to the segmentation done by Trados. Is the lone tag within a table row (TR) a table column (TD) or a paragraph? (P)? In any of these cases, you shouldn't have any issues.

[Edited at 2017-09-08 17:53 GMT]

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:12
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, P - thanks Sep 8

Luckily both 412 and 413 are paragraphs. Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio: can I add text in target content out of segments?

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search