Thread poster: Hans Näslund

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Local time: 06:07
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 10

I have been asked to do a quality check on a translation memory. My customer wants a judgment of the following factors:

1. Accuracy
2. Grammar/Punctuation
3. Overall style

on a scale from 1 to 10.

To do this in a reasonable way, I would need to export only the source and target segments, and nothing else from the TM.

How can I do that?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:07
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You should try the free SDLTmConvert application Oct 10

You can find it here:

http://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/sdltmconvert/228/

What i find difficult to achieve is to judge the "Overall style" for the content of a TM without any context.

If I were you, in order to check accuracy and grammar/punctuation I would convert the SDLTm to tmx, import it to Studio and run, beside the Studio's QA tests, the MSWord grammar checker plug-in: http://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/msword-grammar-checker/392/

Saludos

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Local time: 06:07
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exactly what I needed Oct 11

Thank you - the SDLTMconvert was exactly what I needed! The rest of the strings in the TM would not help at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need to export only sorce and target segments from TM

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search