Trados Studio - Failed to save target content: The worksheet name has invalid character such as V?/
Thread poster: Helene1974

Helene1974  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:01
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Oct 24

I received a multi-lingual Excel sheet from a client, did the translation into my language, then go to save Target As and get the message above....it will not save and I can not get the file sent off to the client as I am not getting my target content into the Excel file. How on earth can I get the SDXLIFF file converted to Excel again? Desperate as I need to deliver....sorry if this has been posted before. Cannot locate any similar posts.

Direct link Reply with quote

Alison Jenner
Switzerland
Local time: 21:01
French to English
+ ...
Find segment with worksheet name and alter it Oct 25

Hi Helene

I've had this once - one of the segments in your translation should be the name of the worksheet (do you have the source file to check?) - you need to change the invalid character to something "valid" and then it should save.

Hope that works and it's not too late for you!

Alison

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:01
Member (2004)
English to Italian
If you... Oct 25

have the original file, I think you just need to change the name of the worksheet... or delete any funny characters... the name of the sheet is at the bottom... then re-translate... or, translate the worksheet name avoiding incompatible characters...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio - Failed to save target content: The worksheet name has invalid character such as V?/

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search