Sara Galindo Álvarez
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:06
Member (May 2017)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 26

Hello everyone,

I hope I can explain this well enough! We all know when you have a file opened in the editor for translation, Trados will automatically translate segments that appear previously in the same text. What I'm wondering is if there's a way for Trados to update these segments when you make changes when you're in the editor for reviewing. I'm finding that when I'm reviewing someone's work, if X segment appears 10 times, I need to remember what changes I made the first time so I can apply them to the other 9 segments. Doesn't sound too complicated when it's a short text with few repetitions, but quite a hard task for longer, repetitive texts!

Thank you!

Sara

Direct link Reply with quote

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:06
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Auto-propagation Oct 27

The function you refer to is called auto-propagation, and there are different settings for it, depending on what you want it to do and not to do. More here:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl%20trados%20studio/client_en/Ref/U-Z/Options/Options_Auto-propagation.htm

Sometimes you don't want to overwrite all existing and confirmed translations with your edits, so you can either let it work automatically or be asked for each segment (which can sometimes be a nuisance). You can have it change existing segments only further down or all, also going back. In my experience, ideal settings depend on the specific kind of job/text you are translating and sometimes maybe on your own personal work routines.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to automatically update repeat segments during reviewing

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search