Studio 2017 error: "Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size"
Thread poster: Elke Fehling

Elke Fehling  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:51
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 1, 2017

I just experienced the above mentioned error. I found a solution, so in case it happens to you, too, you might want to try it.

All of a sudden, after saving a project Tradus shut down and wouldn't start anymore, not at all. It just gave me the error message "Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list". I rebooted my computer, tried to delete projects that I was working on because I thought loading them might cause the problem (had that happen before), in the end I ended up re-installing Trados. But even that didn't help.

I had had a similar error (with a different error message) with a previous Trados version and I remembered that I had to delete some user data, but I didn't remember which ones. So I went into
Users - Elke (I don't know what it would be on other computers) - AppData - Roaming - SDL
and renamed the whole folder (SDL became SDL-2). And that did the trick. I had to re-configure Trados, but it now works again.

Elke Fehling  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:51
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cause Nov 1, 2017

I now realized that the error must have been caused by one of the files I had been working on in Trados. While all other projects worked fine after my "repair", this one project kept giving me error messages about the "Editor". I had to delete the file and retranslate it, which was no problem since the translation was in the TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 error: "Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size"

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search