SDL Trados Studio 2017: TM Maintenance: How to search for entries with a specific creation date?
Thread poster: Katrin Lueke

Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:36
Member (2006)
English to German
Nov 15, 2017

Hello,
I have a very large TM, and I wish to export only the newest entries into a new TM. As far as I understand Studio generates a system field "created at" (date) automatically for each entry. So I think it must be possible to search for all entries which were created on a special day?
I have spend a lot of time during the last weeks trying to find the answer to this question in the software's help files, but I find them very confusing to navigate. Same with the KB on SDLs website. I also did forums searches on their webiste and here, as well as searches for YouTube videos and general searches on the Internet, but I have not found the answer yet.
So maybe one of you knows the answer?
I would very much appreciate your help!
Thanks!
Kind regards,
Katrin

Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:36
English to Russian
Go to Translation Memories pane, bottom left corner Nov 15, 2017

1. Click 'Open', locate your TM
2. Click the funnel with plus icon
3. Click 'Add' (*not the 'Add' which is on the ribbon, but the 'Add' which is under the row of funnel icons)
4. In the pop-up window, select Last modified on / Greater than or equal to / indicate your specific date (mind the date format, I am not sure if British SDL uses American date format for all its versions or not...). Click OK
5. With Source Text and Target Text fields empty, press Perform Search.
You will see all segments from your specific date to the last/recent entry.

=============

If you need a specific period, go next:
6. Click 'Add' again
7. In the pop-up window, select Last modified on / Smaller than or equal to / indicate your specific closing date. Click OK. Now you should have two conditions for Filter 1 (or maybe any other filter number if you already tried to create filters).
8. With Source Text and Target Text fields empty, press Perform Search.
You will see the segments from the specific opening date to the specific closing date.

[Edited at 2017-11-15 14:21 GMT]

Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:36
Member (2006)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! It worked, but there is a new question Nov 21, 2017

Dear Stepan,

Thank you so much for this detailed description!

It was very helpful. I managed to filter the big TM so that only the entries with my selected date were shown (by the way, there was a calender to click on, so the date format was no isssue).

However, I failed in exporting the selected entries into a new TM. I will open a new forum thread for this, so that other users get better results when searching for this in the future.

Thank you again for your valuable help!

Kind regards,
Katrin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017: TM Maintenance: How to search for entries with a specific creation date?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search