Cannot convert file back to Word with Tageditor
Thread poster: mfillastre

mfillastre  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:58
French to English
Nov 20, 2017

I had a Word file to translate and after tying unsuccessfully to translate it using Studio 2014, I went back to Trados and translated it with TagEDitor. I have finished the translation but can't convert it back to Word 'I get a message "Erreur de l'application"). I even tried to use Studio to translate the ttx file, but it freezes before it can be opened. Has someone had this problem before. I nave to deliver the job this morning

MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:58
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
original document may be the problem Nov 20, 2017

You might trying Open and Repair and resave the original document. Or there might be some character or graphic that Trados can't work with, so you can just remove that, save as a different document, and try again with a new project, and it will populate your translated segments. Or try saving the original in a different format, such as .doc, .txt or .rtf and make a new project.

Hint: If you can do a preview in Trados, then it should Save Target. If you can't, then you need to figure out what to do with the original document.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot convert file back to Word with Tageditor

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search