Turning a translation Project that is completed into a Translation Return Package
Thread poster: Eleonore Wapler

Eleonore Wapler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:50
English to French
+ ...
Nov 21, 2017

Hi,
I created a Project on Trados Studio 2017 to translate a series of files.
I have completed the translation and need to send a Return package to my client. They had sent me a package to work from initially but I opened a new project to translate the files. Therefore the translation is not in the initial Package which still has the source files and TM and no translation.

Is there a way for me to send a Return package back?
The button for this shows as inactive (grey - I can't open the interface to create one). Cannot create a Package either because I am creating it myself and that doesn't work.

Or alternatively, is there a way for me to copy the translation I did from the Trados Project files to the empty Trados Package files?

Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

conniebrathen  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:50
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Your work flow is the problem Nov 21, 2017

As far as I know, you can only create a return package if you have opened and translated the package as received. What if you opened the original package now, and added your TM which is complete with the translation. This should surely translate the package for you in an instant, and you should be able to create the return package.

Christian Schaller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:50
Member (Jan 2018)
English to German
Use the sdlxliff file Nov 21, 2017

If you used the sdlxliff-file from the project package that the client sent you to create your own project, you can simply use the sdlxliff-file from the target language sub-folder of your own project, copy it to the respective folder of the original project .... et voilà, you can create a return package from there.

Otherwise, you would have to import your translation into a local TM and pre-translate the file again in the original project.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Turning a translation Project that is completed into a Translation Return Package

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search