Studio 2011: "Culture name ZH is not supported" while importing UN corpora
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 27, 2017

I've tried to import UN corpora in TMX format in SDL Trados Studio 2011 as a TM but encountered the following error:

"Culture name ZH is not supported"

I've searched the forum and even found threads where similar problems are described, but the solutions suggested there (such as replacing "_" with "-"_ don't seem to be relevant to my case.

I'm currently trying to export the EN and RU parts from the source TMX file using Goldpan TMX Editor, but the process i
... See more
I've tried to import UN corpora in TMX format in SDL Trados Studio 2011 as a TM but encountered the following error:

"Culture name ZH is not supported"

I've searched the forum and even found threads where similar problems are described, but the solutions suggested there (such as replacing "_" with "-"_ don't seem to be relevant to my case.

I'm currently trying to export the EN and RU parts from the source TMX file using Goldpan TMX Editor, but the process is too slow as the file size is 180MB. Are there any other solutions?
Collapse

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved but not in an optimal way Nov 27, 2017

As a dirty hack, I've opened the file in EditPad Lite text editor (handy for huge text files) and replaced lang="ZH" with lang="FI" everywhere, which has allowed me to do the import in my language pair. I would still like to know a proper solution to this problem.

[Edited at 2017-11-27 20:26 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: "Culture name ZH is not supported" while importing UN corpora

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »