Lost project
Thread poster: Gabriella Pierro
Gabriella Pierro
Gabriella Pierro
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 29, 2017

Hello,

I was working on a Trados file I created yesterday. It was 80% done. However, I tried to change the settings for Idml file processing so I opened again the original idml in Trados and Trados asked me if I wanted to create a new project or if I wanted to use the existing project. I chose to create a new project and now I can't see the file in the Projects view and I'm kind of desperate. Any help?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Gabriella

[E
... See more
Hello,

I was working on a Trados file I created yesterday. It was 80% done. However, I tried to change the settings for Idml file processing so I opened again the original idml in Trados and Trados asked me if I wanted to create a new project or if I wanted to use the existing project. I chose to create a new project and now I can't see the file in the Projects view and I'm kind of desperate. Any help?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Gabriella

[Edited at 2017-11-29 20:11 GMT]
Collapse

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:21
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Check the project folder Nov 29, 2017

Did you check the folder where you saved/created the original project? This should contain the sdlxliff file and the TM, and the project package

StinaB
StinaB
Latvia
Local time: 13:21
German to Latvian
+ ...
Location of the previous project Nov 29, 2017

Hello,

Do you know where the previous project/TM/file is saved? If yes, you can add the TM from that project manually (project settings>add TM) to the new project you created and taking the saved segments from that TM.

Or perhaps you can try to Open project and choose the place/folder you saved the previous project on your computer.

If you saved the new idml file over the previous one, all the confirmed (!!) segments still should be in the TM you used.
... See more
Hello,

Do you know where the previous project/TM/file is saved? If yes, you can add the TM from that project manually (project settings>add TM) to the new project you created and taking the saved segments from that TM.

Or perhaps you can try to Open project and choose the place/folder you saved the previous project on your computer.

If you saved the new idml file over the previous one, all the confirmed (!!) segments still should be in the TM you used.

I understand you opened the idml file as a separate file not as a part of a project the second time around, hence Trados may have been prompted to think of it as a new item you are trying to process. One thing I don't understand, is why you cannot see the project in project list.

Let me know if it was of any help to you.
Collapse

Gabriella Pierro
Gabriella Pierro
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 29, 2017

Thanks a lot girls!!

After I panicked for a few minutes, I found the file in the project folder...

Thanks a lot for your prompt help!

Gabri

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost project

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »