Regex/QA Checker - limited number of rules
Thread poster: Lenart
Lenart
Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 23:01
Dec 18, 2017

Hello,

I have around 200 regex rules in my project and when I add a new rule I cannot change it or remove it because it is not visualized on the screen anymore. With other words my scrolling down within regex rules is limited to somewhere around 200 rules. After this I cannot scroll down any further. This means that regex in project is not functional any more after 200 rules because you cannot change/delete newly created rules.

(However, this scrolling down limitation d
... See more
Hello,

I have around 200 regex rules in my project and when I add a new rule I cannot change it or remove it because it is not visualized on the screen anymore. With other words my scrolling down within regex rules is limited to somewhere around 200 rules. After this I cannot scroll down any further. This means that regex in project is not functional any more after 200 rules because you cannot change/delete newly created rules.

(However, this scrolling down limitation does not apply to regex rules that are saved under options (general settings).)

Are other users experiencing the same problem and is there any way to bypass this project limitation?

[Edited at 2017-12-18 17:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-12-18 17:59 GMT]
Collapse

MuMyongCy (X)
MuMyongCy (X)
South Korea
Local time: 06:01
English to Korean
How about edit the file directly Jan 24, 2018

I am not using the QA function.
Once, I saw its contents at ".sdlqasettings" file.
I guess, directly access its contents - add and save sould be fine.

I'm not sure about it.
Just try it out.

Good Luck

MuMyongCy (X)
MuMyongCy (X)
South Korea
English to Korean
sort ? Jan 24, 2018

yes, for sure.
just try it out.

[EDIT]
Done it.
Works perfectly.
Gathers and sorts all the RegExps of .sdlqasettings (including .sdltpl and .sdlproj)
But, just tested several RegExps, not hundreads of them.

[Edited at 2018-01-25 05:24 GMT]

MuMyongCy (X)
MuMyongCy (X)
South Korea
English to Korean
for your reference Jan 28, 2018

https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/322438-merge_reg_exps_from_sdlqasetting_sdlproj_and_sdltpl_into_a_single_file.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regex/QA Checker - limited number of rules

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »