Starting Studio 2015: Configuration assistant at any time!
Thread poster: Simone Duverger

Simone Duverger  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:47
Member (2010)
French to German
Jan 3

Dear colleagues,

At first, I wish you a happy new year. May it bring you healthiness and success!

It begins for me with an issue that is not quite serious but a bit annoying: Any time I start Studio 2015, the software launches the configuration assistant as if it was the first time I started it. So starting Studio is quite longer than before and anytime I must click on several cases before having access to the interface. The interface is unchanged and all my projects are still where they are supposed to be.

I had a bug on my computer so I shutted it down by simply pressing the "Off"-button, I think Studio didn't like that. Is there anything I could do to avoid the assistant while starting the programm? It is as if at any new start Studio doesn't remember the choices I made in the assistant.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

- Simone -

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcella Marino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...

Posted via
ProZ.com Mobile

Setting vs. Uninstall/Install Jan 3

Hi Simone,

Happy New Year to you, too

I also work with Trados 2015 and that has never happened to me. But I would suggest you to check the main settings of the software, maybe there's a flag that makes this happen. Otherwise you could try to uninstall the software and install it again, but I am afraid that in this case you won't see the list of your projects too far anylonger.
Anyway, before doing that, have you contacted the SDL support on www.sdl.com? Ask them, maybe there's a way to solve this issue without uninstalling the software and reinstalling it again.

Hope to help!

Marcella

France
Member (2010)
French to German
TOPIC STARTER
Not asked the SDL assistance yet Jan 3

Hello Marcella,

Thanks for your answer! I didn't ask the SDL assistance yet. Anytime I have got a problem, I remember that I had to search an hour in their different rubrics and that it was difficult (and long!!!) to get an answer.

But if there is no other solution, I will look on their website (when I have the time ). I prefer not to uninstall, but if there is no other way, I'll install the 2017 version as soon as I'll have finished my current project.

Still thank you and have a nice evening!

- Simone -

Italy
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
Use the live chat Jan 4

Hi Simone,

I think you are referring to the SDL Community to find an answer to your issue. But you can also use the live chat option that you find on the website http://www.sdltrados.com/contact/, it is a very quick way to explain your issue and maybe to get an answer. Or you can also use the contact form and someone of SDL will contact you as soon as possible. I remember I have used both the live chat option and the contact form: with the first option I could get immediate help, with the second one I was contacted back in a couple of days.

As for unistall and reinstall the software again: yes, wait before doing it. At least ask the SDL support first.

Hope to help and good luck!

Marcella

France
Member (2010)
French to German
TOPIC STARTER
Suddenly anything is all right Jan 4

Hi Marcella,

After a Studio restart that lasted at minimum 5 minutes (!!!) yesterday, today anything is fine! Studio starts correctly (and faster than the last days) and without the assistant.

It seems that Studio wanted to make me a New Years joke!!!

But thank you very much for your precious information. I'll keep them for the next time I have a problem with Trados.

Have a nice afternoon.

- Simone -

Italy
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...

Posted via
ProZ.com Mobile

Great! Jan 4

That's good to hear Simone!
You're welcome!

Marcella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting Studio 2015: Configuration assistant at any time!

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search