"no context information" error while converting into translatable format-Word doc, Studio 2017
Thread poster: Hajnalka Kis

Hajnalka Kis  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:06
Member (2009)
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 10

I have two Word files, which I can not convert into a translatable format. All I get as error message is: "no context information". I already tried:

- saving the documents in another format (original was 97-2003 format, I saved it in .docx)
- searching the SDL Community

Thank you for any idea about how to resolve this problem.

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 22:06
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Try saving the files as something else -pdf or txt Jan 10

I also had problems with doc files.
First I would delete all the previous project files in Trados and I would rename the files.
Secondly, I would try saving the files as pdf (in Word) and then open them back from pdf in Word. This might work.
I would also reboot the computer before opening the renamed files again in Trados.

HTH,
Sandra

Hajnalka Kis  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:06
Member (2009)
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only solution was copying the content into another word file Jan 10

Thank you for your suggestions. The only thing that worked was without having to lose the formatting is copying the whole content and pasting into a new word file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"no context information" error while converting into translatable format-Word doc, Studio 2017

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search