"no context information" error while converting into translatable format-Word doc, Studio 2017
Thread poster: K2L

K2L  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:30
Member (2009)
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 10

I have two Word files, which I can not convert into a translatable format. All I get as error message is: "no context information". I already tried:

- saving the documents in another format (original was 97-2003 format, I saved it in .docx)
- searching the SDL Community

Thank you for any idea about how to resolve this problem.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:30
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Try saving the files as something else -pdf or txt Jan 10

I also had problems with doc files.
First I would delete all the previous project files in Trados and I would rename the files.
Secondly, I would try saving the files as pdf (in Word) and then open them back from pdf in Word. This might work.
I would also reboot the computer before opening the renamed files again in Trados.

HTH,
Sandra

K2L  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:30
Member (2009)
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only solution was copying the content into another word file Jan 10

Thank you for your suggestions. The only thing that worked was without having to lose the formatting is copying the whole content and pasting into a new word file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"no context information" error while converting into translatable format-Word doc, Studio 2017

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search