Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:55
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 14

Hello,

Maybe it's an obvious question, but I've been using Trados for a few months only.

A client sent me a QA Checker profile for the final verification.
Where do I see if it is present in the project and it's name?

If I upload it in the project settings, it is used for all my projects or only for that specific project?

Thanks for your help.

Lucia

Direct link Reply with quote

NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can import QA settings… Jan 15

You can import QA settings (a SDLQASETTINGS file) both to:
- your project Project Settings > Verification > QA Checker > QA Checker Profiles > Import button.
- or to Studio general options (File menu > Options instead of Project Settings as above).

When you import that QA file, its settings are imported, but there is no way to know where they come from.

… Jesús Prieto …

Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Difference between project and studio general options Jan 15

Thanks Jésus for your help.

This means that
- if I upload a sdlqasettings file in the project setup, it only refers (and is used) for that specific project

- instead, if I import it in the general options > verification > settings profile it's used for all projects in Studio

I'm asking as I wouldn't use a specific profile setting for all clients, as needs would be different per each client.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 - QA Checker profile

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search