Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:00
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 14

Hello,

Maybe it's an obvious question, but I've been using Trados for a few months only.

A client sent me a QA Checker profile for the final verification.
Where do I see if it is present in the project and it's name?

If I upload it in the project settings, it is used for all my projects or only for that specific project?

Thanks for your help.

Lucia

NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can import QA settings… Jan 15

You can import QA settings (a SDLQASETTINGS file) both to:
- your project Project Settings > Verification > QA Checker > QA Checker Profiles > Import button.
- or to Studio general options (File menu > Options instead of Project Settings as above).

When you import that QA file, its settings are imported, but there is no way to know where they come from.

… Jesús Prieto …

Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Difference between project and studio general options Jan 15

Thanks Jésus for your help.

This means that
- if I upload a sdlqasettings file in the project setup, it only refers (and is used) for that specific project

- instead, if I import it in the general options > verification > settings profile it's used for all projects in Studio

I'm asking as I wouldn't use a specific profile setting for all clients, as needs would be different per each client.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 - QA Checker profile

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search