Trados 2014 suddenly seems to think I have not used it before
Thread poster: Mairi Arbuckle

Mairi Arbuckle  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:39
Japanese to English
Jan 17

When I clicked on my SDL Trados Studio 2014 icon this morning the following window appeared.

"Welcome to SDL Trados Studio
This wizard will guide you through the process of setting up SDL Trados Studio for first time use."

I have been using Trados since 2014. The only thing I have done recently is to install Silverlight to operate Webmarc (a couple of days ago), and I assume this has something to do with it as I can't think of anything else that I may have done. However, I was using Trados normally yesterday! I am working on Windows 10

I followed the instructions to set up, and Trados opened but all the files in project are no longer shown there. Can anyone tell me what happened?

[Edited at 2018-01-17 07:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-01-17 07:45 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 suddenly seems to think I have not used it before

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search