Mariannick Verbeke  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:08
Member (2014)
English to French
+ ...
Feb 1

Hello everyone,

A post might already have been published on that topic but I could not find any, so sorry if it is the case.

I have a big project with multiple files. I just realized that I made a mistake in the previous files. So my question is: is there a way in Trados to open all the files at the same time in order to make the changes, and not have to reopen each file separately?

Tank you very much for your help !

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:08
French to English
+ ...
Yes, see below! Feb 1

Hi Mariann,

Yes, there is. I wrote a blog post on the subject recently, which you may find useful: https://clairecoxtranslations.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/my-trados-top-tips-working-on-multiple-files/

Basically, though, just go to the files list in your project, click on the first file you want to open, hold down Control and click on the rest, then when they're all highlighted, either click on Open for translation (or Review) in the ribbon, or right-click and press Open for Translation. All the files will open in one long list, separated by a small orange bar, but when you save them they save back as original files.

Enjoy! It's so useful when you're translating or proof-reading a lot of related files, as autopropagation makes the task of ensuring consistency so much easier.

All the best,

Claire

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
I think it may depend on your Studio version Feb 1

The later versions (at least 2015 and 2017) have the option you want. Just mark the files (or all files) and you can open them in one go.

With older versions I don't think you are able to.

If you have an older version, this alone, to me, is sufficient reason to upgrade to the latest version.

Mariannick Verbeke  Identity Verified
France
Member (2014)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you ! Feb 1

Thank you thank you thank you !!!! That's so simple and however it will enable me to save so much time, that's greaticon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open all the files for proofreading

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search