Cannot edit "Options for showing differences"
Thread poster: Juenemann-Trans

Juenemann-Trans

English to German
+ ...
Feb 5

Hello everbody,

I am translating an xliff file with SDL Trados Studio 2015.

My translation results window does not show the differences between the new fragment to be translated and existing partial match segments in the memory (which should be in blue for extra words and crossed red for deleted words) – so I have to compare the new segment and the old segment by myself. Actually, my Trados never showed the differences and I just got to know this feature when using a different translation tool.

So, I just wanted to change the settings, but the field "Options for showing differences" is greyed out and I cannot choose anything there. Does anybody know why it is greyed out and how I can fix this?

All the best,
Saskia

Sylvie Pilon  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:48
English to French
Option of the drop-down list Feb 5

So, I just wanted to change the settings, but the field "Options for showing differences" is greyed out and I cannot choose anything there.

Hi Saskia,

Just above the “Options for showing differences” section, there is a drop-down list (it’s called something like “Display mode for the search results”; my version is in French, so it’s an approximate translation). If the option you chose in that drop-down list is “Show proposed translation”, that might explain why the options below are greyed out. You should use “Show original translation unit” in the drop-down list. This should "ungrey" the options for showing differences.

Hope it helps…
Sylvie

Juenemann-Trans

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! :-) Feb 5

Hi Sylvie,

thank you very much, that was exactly was I was looking for! I did not realize that this field above was a drop-down list... Thank you again!icon_smile.gif

Sylvie Pilon  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:48
English to French
You're welcome! Feb 6

I'm glad it worked!

Sylvie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot edit "Options for showing differences"

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search