Thread poster: Danel Koefeld
Danel Koefeld
Danel Koefeld
Estonia
Local time: 18:34
English to Estonian
+ ...
Feb 10, 2018

Hello good Pro-Z community. I have one question about Trados.
So I have two srt (subtitling) files. One is in English, I will use that as a source file. But also I have half translated Estonian file, which I want to use as a "translated" and I will then do corrections.
How can I load these files to SDL Trados?

Ruth Wiedekind
Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:34
Spanish to German
+ ...
Align source and translation Feb 11, 2018

Supposing that your "half-translated" file is not a bilingual file (or SDLXLIFF) you will have to take the translated text as target and the corresponding text of your source file and use Alignment to make a bilingual file, which you then can import into a translation memory. In SDL Studio create your project using that TM and it will fill in your translated segments.

Good luck.
Ruth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados, two .srt files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »