How to compare source and target text in Trados?
Thread poster: Ahmet ÇINAR

Ahmet ÇINAR
Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
Feb 11

I got the source text and the target text.(They have nothing with to do Trados. They are provided me by the client.) How can I compare them in the context of proof-reading in Trados?
Thanks in advance.

Kardas Tradu  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:15
Member (2011)
Italian to Polish
+ ...
Align them... Feb 12

If the text is not very long, you can align the source and the target text and create a translation memory. Then open previously created translation memory in Trados for review (Translation Memories view) and proofread it there. The problem is: if the text is very long, the alignment and translation memory creation can be a very time-consuming task...It's up to you...

The second option (the best one) is the creation of Trados project starting from the source document. Then you can paste the translation from the target file into Trados. At the end you can proofread the content and clean up the file. In this way you will get proofread document, ready to be sent to the client.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to compare source and target text in Trados?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search