How to compare source and target text in Trados?
Thread poster: thetranslatum

thetranslatum
Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
Feb 11

I got the source text and the target text.(They have nothing with to do Trados. They are provided me by the client.) How can I compare them in the context of proof-reading in Trados?
Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Kardas Tradu  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:48
Member (2011)
Italian to Polish
+ ...
Align them... Feb 12

If the text is not very long, you can align the source and the target text and create a translation memory. Then open previously created translation memory in Trados for review (Translation Memories view) and proofread it there. The problem is: if the text is very long, the alignment and translation memory creation can be a very time-consuming task...It's up to you...

The second option (the best one) is the creation of Trados project starting from the source document. Then you can paste the translation from the target file into Trados. At the end you can proofread the content and clean up the file. In this way you will get proofread document, ready to be sent to the client.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to compare source and target text in Trados?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search