Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:52
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 13

Dear all,

There's one of the files from a project I am working on that my Trados 2017 analyses as having "0" words, when MS Word reads 708 words. My client is able to analyse it with Trados, and he counts 722 words. It must be some settings in File Type for Word 2016 that I'd have to adjust, but I don't know what. The file contained two columns, one for the source and another for the target, ant the source was copied into the target columns when I received from the client. I deleted the target columns to do my own analysis, and only one columns remained.
I notice that there are some tags such as this: \pxi-3,l3,t3;

Can anyone help? I'll end up translating it with Memsource, as I was able to generate the bilingual file there, without any problem, but I'd like to solve this for the future.

Kind regards,

Karina

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word file not recognized

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search