MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 11:58
Italian to German
+ ...
Mar 13, 2018

Dear colleagues,

I have imported a somewhat complex MemoQ file into Trados having a mix of 2 source languages and different segment statuses, also locked segments. I notice that when I change the Project Settings to exclude locked segments from the statistics, or making them a 'separate category' , still the numbers in the statistics don't change. I have build from scratch different projects for the file and re-imported the document, but still no different numbers in the stats, also
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have imported a somewhat complex MemoQ file into Trados having a mix of 2 source languages and different segment statuses, also locked segments. I notice that when I change the Project Settings to exclude locked segments from the statistics, or making them a 'separate category' , still the numbers in the statistics don't change. I have build from scratch different projects for the file and re-imported the document, but still no different numbers in the stats, also no separate entry for locked segments.
Is this a known program bug, or how does Trados handle locked segments for the analysis / confirmation statistics?
This is very important for me to check the amount of words/segments to be translated and see if they match my PO.

Thanks very much for anyone to clarify!
Mike
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 11:58
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A closer look... Mar 13, 2018

In the meantime, I have taken a closer look at the Confirmation Statistics, and I see that when adding up the segments the total always include locked segments - which I DON'T want.
Now, is there a way to take out locked segments from the confirmation stats?

I would like to see the statuses 'translated', 'draft', 'not translated' etc. for non-locked segments only; I know that I can filter on those segments, but I notice that not even in the Editor View the stats are updated c
... See more
In the meantime, I have taken a closer look at the Confirmation Statistics, and I see that when adding up the segments the total always include locked segments - which I DON'T want.
Now, is there a way to take out locked segments from the confirmation stats?

I would like to see the statuses 'translated', 'draft', 'not translated' etc. for non-locked segments only; I know that I can filter on those segments, but I notice that not even in the Editor View the stats are updated correctly.

Thanks,

[Edited at 2018-03-13 12:44 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: Questions about File Analysis/Confirmation Statistics

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »