Thread poster: Gary Evans

Gary Evans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:54
Member (2007)
German to English
Mar 21

Hi folks,

Some of you may not like MT, but DeepL is the best show in town. It's now available via their website for integration into Trados for a monthly fee.

https://www.deepl.com/pro.html

BTW I am also using DeepL on FoundCAT, my own CAT tool which I use for helping students learn foreign languages. You can try out different MT offers for free via FoundCAT here:

https://foundcat.bluecloud.academy

FoundCAT is browser-based and you will need to register. At the moment only English & German are available as source languages. More will follow with this open source project.

Happy translating!

Gary

Direct link Reply with quote

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Credit card declined Mar 23

Anyone else get a 'credit card declined' message when trying to create a DeepLpro account? Am thinking it must be something at DeepL's end, as my card is perfectly valid.

Olly

Gary Evans  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
My credit card worked Mar 23

Maybe try with the full name that's on your card. It worked for me.

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Anyone else get a 'credit card declined' message when trying to create a DeepLpro account? Am thinking it must be something at DeepL's end, as my card is perfectly valid.

Olly

Wojciech_
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
A bit too expensive for me. Mar 23

20 dollars per month is a bit too steep for me, especially that even if one month you just need to translate 50,000 characters, you will be charged 20 USD anyway.
Shame they haven't applied similar policy to Google Translate where you are charged for the usage from the very beginning, not after you exceed the magical 1 million characters. Or at least they could have set the limit slightly lower, say at 200,000 for lower price.
I guess I'll try it one month and see if in combination with Trados's excellent Autosuggest it visibly boosts my performance or not.

[Edited at 2018-03-23 21:20 GMT]

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 16:54
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You better try GT4T Mar 24

Wojciech_ wrote:

20 dollars per month is a bit too steep for me, especially that even if one month you just need to translate 50,000 characters, you will be charged 20 USD anyway.
Shame they haven't applied similar policy to Google Translate where you are charged for the usage from the very beginning, not after you exceed the magical 1 million characters. Or at least they could have set the limit slightly lower, say at 200,000 for lower price.
I guess I'll try it one month and see if in combination with Trados's excellent Autosuggest it visibly boosts my performance or not.

I am not linked in any sense to GT4T. I am just a satisfied user.

What I know is that GT4T gives you access not only to DeepL, but to Google Translate and Bing Translator too. It works not only with Studio but with any major CAT tool (I use it with Wordfast, DéjàVu and MemoQ). I pay USD 6 per month and have never reached any limit, although sometimes I have translated 500,000 characters per month.

They also offer a trial period.

https://gt4t.net/en/

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
GT4T - thanks for the tip Mar 24

Jorge Payan wrote:
What I know is that GT4T gives you access not only to DeepL, but to Google Translate and Bing Translator too. It works not only with Studio but with any major CAT tool (I use it with Wordfast, DéjàVu and MemoQ). I pay USD 6 per month and have never reached any limit, although sometimes I have translated 500,000 characters per month.
https://gt4t.net/en/

I am also a satisfied user of GT4T, but I have not tried linking it up to DeepL. I have no experience with DeepL, so I am curious to see how it works at least.

Update: Pity: GT4T supports DeepL, but DeepL does not support Norwegian regretably.

Roy

[Edited at 2018-03-24 15:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DEEPL Pro is now available for Trados

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search