Studio 2017 - "move to next segment" not working anymore
Thread poster: Francesca Siotto

Francesca Siotto  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:12
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 23

Hi,
my cat jumped on my keyboard while I was translating in Studio 2017, I don't know what was pressed but all of a sudden the cursor has stopped moving to the next segment after Ctrl+Enter, and the same happens when I use the shortcut with the mouse. How do I fix this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
Feline misbehaviour Mar 23

Well, it is a CAT tool after all.

I'd close the application and restart it. Remember to save the document first.

I have taught my cats not to walk or jump on the keyboard, so I fortunately don't have such problems.

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:12
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Job quickly done Mar 23

Your cat most probably confirmed all your segments. Can you check if this is the case? If yes, just unconfirm them.

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
This man's dinner was unconfirmed by his cat Mar 23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f679wqZttE

Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
English to German
Shortcut Mar 23

Sometimes shortcuts seem to disappear or change out of the blue. Maybe this has happened here.

You can check this by going to „Start“ > „Options“ > „Keyboard shortcuts“.
„Confirm and move to next segment“ (or something like this, I am using a German version) should be „Strg+Enter“. If not, just change it this way and everything is going to work as before.

MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Not only the 'CAT's' fault I think... Mar 24

For some reason in Studio 2017, the CTRL-Down does not move to the next segment although it is defined as such in the keyboard shortcuts, also the arrow up / arrow down in the Navigation part of the ribbon don't work. And my 3 cats are definitly not the culprits!

Mike

[Edited at 2018-03-24 05:05 GMT]

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
User profiles Mar 24

MikeTrans wrote:

For some reason in Studio 2017, the CTRL-Down does not move to the next segment although it is defined as such in the keyboard shortcuts, also the arrow up / arrow down in the Navigation part of the ribbon don't work. And my 3 cats are definitly not the culprits!

The shortcuts (and many other things) depend on the profile you are using. You may want to check this information:
https://tinyurl.com/yawj83rk

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 - "move to next segment" not working anymore

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search